The Customer Service Supervisor position provides leadership and direction to the customer service department to ensure superior service and customer relationships with La Rocca Creative Cakes clients. This position interacts with the production, shipping and sales department in the organization to ensure proper support is provided and to problem solve customer issues and solutions.
Reports to: Sales Manager
- Responsible for providing overall direction and leadership to the customer support team ensuring that all employees are familiar with the LRCC policies and procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to improve efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction by implementing service and operations strategies.
- Ability to provide team members with challenging work and developmental objectives, and will share both responsibility and accountability in the attainment of organizational goals.
- As a front line decision maker, you will manage major and significant customer accounts, provide process and/or product expertise, and be a subject matter expert resource for other team members.
- Receipt and processing of requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments, and cancellations.
Sales Operation activities
- Additional functions include – inventory management, backlog administration, coordinating deliveries, and interaction
- Has the ability, when required, to book freight with assigned carriers for frozen warehouse distribution.
- Proactive customer contact to solicit orders
- Interfaces with existing customer, selling existing product lines
- Informs and up sells existing customer base, of seasonal offerings, new products and account specific promotions
- Maintains customer records by updating account information
- Determines the best method to assist customer resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction according to department guidelines and/or client specifications.
- Maintains customer financial records by processing customers’ adjustments/credits
- Attracts potential new customers by answering product and service questions with the intent to close the opportunity
- Opens up new customers by recording new account information, providing Credit Application and associated follow up until the 1st order is placed
- Recommends potential new products to Management by collecting customer information and needs
- Coordinate and record orders between customers and internal departments including production, sales and management.
- Communicate any issues concerning orders to all pertinent personnel
- Confer with sales management team and production supervisors to assist in specific classification of products from quality assurance to customer specifications
- Work as a team to accomplish related departmental daily and weekly deadlines.
- Prepares a variety of reports as needed.
Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, preferably in a CPG or food service industry
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing, speaking) required
- Bilingual in French is required
- Familiarity with ERP software/EDI implementation, expereince with Retail Link, and comfortable working in a Google environment
- Possess the leadership and supervisory skills to be able to lead, coach and motivate a group of employees to ensure that the highest level of customer service is provided
- Ensure employees carry out their responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, and standard work procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop strong professional relationships with customers, management team and be able to give positive and negative feedback tactfully, and manage performance issues effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to analyze, interpret and apply information and procedures, understand and act on client prepared documents, respond to issues with creative problem solving, organize and prioritize a number of activities, be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Able to balance customer service needs, management needs, in a fast-paced environment with constantly competing deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner
La Rocca values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. La Rocca is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.