We are looking for an enthusiastic Field Sales Representative who will be responsible for promoting La Rocca products and services in our trade areas of Toronto/SouthWest Ontario. In addition, he/she will building effective customer relationships with new and existing accounts, and working closely with the sales team in order to achieve sales and profit goals established by La Rocca Creative Cakes.
- Maintain relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory, by using effective sales strategies to inform customers on new products or services in order to generate new business for company.
- Evaluate customers needs and be able to answer customers questions about LRCC products, prices, availability, product information. Be able to investigate problems; prepare sales reports; develop solutions, and make recommendations to management in order to resolve customer complaints
- Identify/forecast distribution challenges that occur during the order process and implement the plan to address them and communicate with the sales and production team to ensure the stock level for LRCC products are available at all times
- Work closely with our key food service partners/retailers/vendors to promote and inform them about new products in order to enhance La Rocca Creative Cakes visibility
- Develop all assigned accounts relative to sales, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives
- Understanding of a Direct Store Delivery System
- Drive new listings and sell new innovation and marketing programs
- Work closely with production, marketing and sales team to enhance sales with planograms and other selling strategies
- Keep informed of new products and services, market conditions and competitive trends
- Occasional need to support trade events & demonstrations outside of normal business hours
- Flexibility required for occasional work outside of home territory, when required to cover off account if other rep is on holidays
- Other ad hoc projects & duties assigned
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- BA Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline
- 1-3 years experience in CPG, territory sales, Food service, merchandising, or retail
- Strong product knowledge, client relation, and presentation skills
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to meet sales goals and possesses the ability to prospect, negotiate, and close sales
- Must have outstanding organizational and time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- A strategic thinker who is able to apply their analytical and problem solving skills to achieve results
- Capable of presenting and articulating basic business reviews including sales data vs. last year or competitive stores
- Comfortable working in a Google environment
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle
- A high energy self-starter, with a positive mentality, with the ability to manage territories effectively
- Bilingual is considered an asset
- A passion for high quality, world class artisan bakery products
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Key Account Manager
La Rocca values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. La Rocca is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer