We are looking for a Key Account Manager (KAM) for Foodservice. The successful candidate will plan, develop and coordinate sales activities to expand our sales with a new customer base across the Canadian marketplace. The candidate will be based in the GTA, and will be responsible for identifying potential distributors and customers and introducing them to La Rocca’s (LRCC) products, while managing existing distributors (GFS, Sysco, etc.) and regional chain business.
- Implement key business strategies, customer strategies, practices and processes that will enhance the brand position with customers & consumers. Leverage customer insight to optimize business results.
- Manage total account portfolios, including achieving revenue, profit and volume targets while meeting account service expectations.
- Develop and execute in-depth business plans for new and existing customers to deliver La Rocca commitments
- Lead the setup of new businesses; take responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new customers.
- Coordinate with distributor’s management to continuously improve share of shelf/menu vs. competitors and to heighten product visibility for consumers.
- Summarize the level of competition and general market activities, including your key account activities, to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain product and brand listings, the annual price, quality, promotion and delivery terms negotiations.
- Organize and arrange specified records and files in order to keep track of financial transactions.
- Demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with key customers within food service trade.
- Work closely with the organizational team by initiating, planning and reviewing customer specific needs.
- Manage trade promotions and budget in harmony with LRCC policies and procedures & systems.
- Ability to deliver sales that will achieve budgeted margins and align the company’s sales policies.
- Influence LRCC plans and tools to meet needs of your customer
- Assess trends and identify potential risks
- Shares ideas and customer needs throughout each phase of the product life cycle (plan, design, integrate, install, manage).
- Manage the sales and operational planning process (S&OP) and specific inventory product requirements to maintain minimum of dollars invested.
- Other projects and responsibilities will be assigned
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Degree in any of Commerce, Accounting, or Business Management
- 3 – 5 years of sales experience working in the food service business, including experience working with foodservice chain accounts, distributors and independent street business
- Existing strong relationships with important foodservice chain operator bakery personnel.
- Culinary experience is an asset.
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills, with an assertive, proactive and analytical approach with a sales background.
- Solid understanding of the Foodservice industry would be considered an asset.
- Comfortable working in a Google Environment
- Good relationship building and accounting or business management skills.
- Familiarity with administering major accounts at head office position.
- Excellent supervisory, evaluation, and reassessment experience.
- Exceptional skills in resolving financial statistics with little supervision.
- Strong competence in working efficiently in a complex multi-faceted setting.
- Required to have thorough understanding of the marketplace environment impacting the customer.
- Strategic Insight, Business Planning, Conflict Management, Influence Management, Finance Acumen.t
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Sales Manager
La Rocca values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. La Rocca is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.