We are launching an all new La Rocca Creative Kitchen in Richmond Hill Ontario. It will feature a modern 2,200 sq. ft. R&D lab as well as a boutique retail counter that will be open to the public. It will serve as the pinnacle of our brand. As such, we are seeking energetic team members who share our passion for creativity. We build strength from the passion and expertise of our team members and this kitchen is our goal to create an environment in which our people can continue to learn and develop their skills.
If you love a challenge and are creative, we want to hear from you.
The newly developed Creative Kitchen space will be used to relentlessly pursue pastry innovation of any and all types. The innovation centre will rapidly develop and test concepts with the public while seeking to iterate new items until they are perfect and available for sale directly to the consumer or large scale manufacturing. Energized by a challenge to bake remarkable items, this role will support an artisan dessert brand to grow with purpose, direction and value.
- Create new product concepts that establish La Rocca’s thought leadership in the industry at great speed.
- Embrace the pace – the Creative Kitchen is an environment for the curious mind. Continual, rapid development is the challenge at hand. Work fast and work clean!
- Leverage the theatre of the Creative Kitchen to test and gauge consumer interest in new products, techniques, and designs to help build the future of the brand.
- Actively support the promotion of all efforts via social media. This space will serve as a stage!
Knowledge & Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years experience in the kitchen
- Culinary and/or Food Science diploma/degree preferred
- Versed in GMP, food safety, HACCP and other regulatory requirements preferred
- Experience in commercializing new products beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great with People
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Experience with recipe management software an asset
- Creative mind
La Rocca values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. La Rocca is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.